Friday, September 14, 2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Yesterday I made a GIANT mess of my kitchen. We made two loaves of no knead bread, a slaw salad, herb and cheese flatbread using some delicious pizza dough, and pumpkin snickerdoodles. Its safe to say that maybe I decided to do a little too much haha and I sure paid for it... oh.my.dishes.

In other news, baby girl had her first cookie... shes a quick one. T grabbed one and shoved it in her mouth before I even knew her sneaky plan. What can I say?! Shes a smart girl that one. These cookies are delicious and might I add... perfect for Autumn!

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Slightly adapted from: sixsistersstuff
Yield: 3-4 dozen

1 c. softened butter
1 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Coating:
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
dash of allspice

Directions: Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Next add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Once combined add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, flour, and cinnamon. Allow the dough to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

In a small bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice to create the coating. Once the dough has chilled, roll into ball about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in cinnamon coating and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. (Preferably a light colored cookie sheet.)

Bake for 7-9 minutes. These are divine right out of the oven so I say risk burning your mouth and skip the cooling step. Happy baking!