Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rustic {No Knead} Bread

I have always wanted to make a yummy loaf of rustic artisan bread... and then I skim through the recipe and see 12-18 hours and the dream dies... instantly. But I finally realized all you do is let it sit on the counter. haha not as hard as I made it out to be. I love baking bread and I can honestly say this is the easiest bread recipe ever! And it is DELICIOUS!!! This is my new favorite!



Rustic {No Knead} Bread
Source: cookingclassy
Makes 1 loaf

3 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp active dry yeast
1 1/2 c. warm water

Directions: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and yeast. Add warm water and stir mixture together with a large spoon until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to rise for 12-18 hours at room temperature. (I went for 18... made the dough the night before and it was ready for dinner the next day!)

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place your cast iron pot covered with the lid into the heated oven. Heat the pot for 30 minutes.

While the pot is heating, turn the dough out on a floured surface and shape the dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rest while the heat finishes heating.

Once the pot is nice and hot, carefully place the dough inside and cover with the lid. Bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the lid and continue baking for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow your bread to cool. Then eat it all or if you are feeling particularly generous, share with your friends. Hypothetically speaking...if you happen to have leftovers {this would never happen to me} Store your bread in an open air bag. (like a brown paper bag.)

** For a couple different variations of this recipe go here.