Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Kacey: Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas + Dessert

Jordan and I met at church in 2010. Long story short, I asked him out first and he already had a date…but I’m glad he asked me out for the next night. We hit it off right from the start and in June 2011 we got hitched. After 6 months of being married we found out that we were pregnant and in October 2012 we welcomed our sweet baby girl, Tatum Ruby, to our family. I graduated from Utah State University in Communication Disorders and currently work as a Speech Technician in the Alpine School District. Jordan is an Accounts Manager for Hewlitt Packer and travels to Florida every so often. He is still in school at the University of Utah. He is now way in to working out and eating healthy. Our sweet Tatum bug is 3 ½ months and a bundle of sweetness. We love her so much and snuggle her as much as we can.


I have never been that great of a cook. I have always had high aspirations that when I got married, I was going to be the best wife and cook delicious meals for my husband. Well… I am still trying. Some weeks I am really good and then there are others that aren’t so great. Jordan always makes me feel good and says that he loves everything I make. {What a sweet husband} I try, try and try again. I have about 6 things that I am really good at making.

In the three and a half short months of being a mom I have come to learn many things. I have learned a lot about myself, my relationship with Jordan and a lot about being solely responsible for someone. I love everything about being a mom. I love the snuggles, the giggles, the tears, the little coos and babbling that I hear but the greatest thing about being a mom is when I look into my baby’s eyes and she smiles. That connection between us keeps me going each day to do my best. I love coming home after a long day at work and when she smiles at me, all my stress and cares of the day are gone. I love being home with just the three of us. I savor that time and wish it would last longer each day.

I love enchiladas and there are so many recipes out there. I have tried a few of them, but this one in particular I had first tried in College. My best friends and I always got together for dinner and one night these were made and I love them. They are so easy and tasty. I always have to text my friend Alli to get the recipe, so it’s great to finally have it written somewhere! But really it was just a great excuse to talk to an old friend!


Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Serves: 4

4-6 chicken breasts (You can cook them in the oven or boil them)
*Sometimes I use the chicken in the can from Costco when I’m in a hurry
8 burrito size tortillas (or more depending on the size of the tortilla)
shredded cheese (amount is up to you)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 can diced green chilies (4 oz can)

Directions: Preheat the oven to 325. Cook and cube the chicken and set it aside. Mix the cream of chicken soup, and green chilies together to make the filling. Place a thin layer of filling in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.

Add the filling in each tortilla. Then add chicken and cheese. Roll up placing them in your baking dish with the seem side down. Spread the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese. Cook for 30 minutes. Enjoy!



Kacey also wanted to share her one of her favorite dessert recipes! Unfortunately we haven't gotten a chance to try this one yet... so no pictures. Sorry!


Eclair Cake

Filling:
2 small packages vanilla instant pudding mix
3-1/2 c. milk
12 oz. cool whip
1 box of graham crackers

Frosting:
6 Tbsp. butter
6 Tbsp. milk
6 Tbsp. cocoa
1 c. powdered sugar

Directions: Begin by blending milk and vanilla pudding mix for about 2 minutes.
Fold in cool whip. Next, in a 9x13 inch pan, layer graham crackers to cover entire bottom of pan.
Pour half of the pudding mixture on top of graham crackers and smooth. Cover the graham crackers with another layer of pudding. Repeat ending with a layer of graham crackers.

To make the frosting place the butter and milk in a microwavable bowl and heat until the butter is just beginning to melt. Stir in the cocoa and powdered sugar to make a chocolate glaze. (Mixture will be thin.) Pour the frosting over the graham crackers and smooth out. Allow the cake to set in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.