Saturday, October 6, 2012

What's in a name??

When we first found out we were having a girl we couldn't wait to pick out a name.



The only problem? It determined to be a more difficult feat than I was expecting. I wanted her name to be feminine, unique, but not too unique.I wanted it to be something both Ty and I loved and I knew we wouldn't get sick of. And I wanted it to have meaning. The moral of the story. Although names are so utterly ordinary.. something that is used more regularly than anything else... they are also so personal (part of the reason I choose to keep baby girl's name private...)

And now, what once was Come Stay for Dinner is NOW i knead to bake. And while this name may be seemingly ordinary... it also is personal. How you may ask?? Well allow to me explain.

{one} I need bake because I love it. I have always loved it. From the time a was just a kid forcing my little sister to play restaurant. And I plan on always loving it. Although who knows right??

{two} I need to bake because it is my stress reliever. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Baking is therapy! When I'm frustrated, upset, or just in a bad mood baking is consistently the one thing that can bring me back to that happy place.

{three} I need to bake--and cook, to feed that little family of mine. As a wife and a mom its important for me to make sure my family has (mostly) healthy food that they like eating. I want my kids to grow up  eating dinners as a family and bonding over the dinner table. And of course... I hope that someday my kids will brag about their mama's cooking.... just as Ty brags about his mom's cooking. (No one can beat her famous chocolate dessert!)

So thus you have "i knead to bake." Welcome! :)