Friday, September 28, 2012

Old-Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh man have I tried a LOT of chocolate chip cookies in my day. My favorites are the kind with a crispy edge and a gooey middle. Served with an ice cold glass of milk and I could eat about a dozen all on my own... and by "could" I mean "did". Guilty.





Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: allrecipes
Makes: about 2 dozen

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar. Next add the egg and vanilla. Then add the baking soda and salt. Finally add the flour. Mix until well combined. Last stir in the chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop or a spoon drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are beginning to brown.