Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cranberry Almond Green Beans

So apparently it was a mistake to tell you that T is learning to sleep through the night... because here I am up feeding the little munchkin. So I figured, why not share a recipe while I'm at it.
I'm gonna be honest. I was a terribly picky eater as a child and veggies were the worst! But don't you worry, I love em now and these I could eat all day! This recipe was inspired by some veggies
I once had at The Blue Moose Cafe. Its a combo of beans, sweetened dried cranberries, slivered almonds, and {of course} butter and salt. I could seriously eat a bowl of just these for dinner and be fine with it ;)

Cranberry Almond Green Beans
Recipe from: Shannon, ikneadtobake
Serves: 4

1 lb fresh green beans, ends snipped
1/3 c. slivered almonds
1/3 c. dried cranberries, sweetened
1/2 Tbsp butter
Salt, to taste

Directions: Steam the green beans in a large bot of boiling water. 

Next place your almonds in a small pan over medium-high heat to toast. Stir them frequently to avoid burning. Continue until they are a light-golden brown color. Remove from pan.

Once the green beans are done, use a colander to drain the water. Finally toss the beans together with the almonds, cranberries, butter, and salt. Serve and enjoy!