Friday, April 24, 2015

That Week She Learned to Pray


This week we had a little talk about prayers and what we can say in our prayers. Well let me just tell you... three year old prayers, so far? They are my fave.

She was getting in a memorized prayer mode of blessing the food... always, in all circumstances, whether there was food to be eaten or not. So we talked about what prayer really is and now her prayers have changed to something a little like this....

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please bless the..... wait! We not eating food!! Ummmmm.... Help me clean my toys and my books and I grow my hair to my bum and my legs and my feet! Thank you for Anna and Sven and Olaf and Kristoff and I love Anna and Elsa and Flynn. And thank you for Georgie. And Daddy he come home safe in his car and.... Mommy now what?!
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

Oh how I wish I could keep her like this forever!