Monday, March 4, 2013

Hi. I'm Shannon.

So I got to thinking this weekend...

I started this blog for me--in an effort to keep track of the recipes I feed to this little family of mine. But really at its core, its about us. Baby girl, Tyson, and me. I write about recipes that we love and the memories that we make as we enjoy meals all together. I love that about food... It always brings everyone together. And my family being together is my number one favorite.

So today I would like to introduce you to me. The real me. And take a break from the baking me.


First. I LOVE my sweet baby. Shes a crazy one. She keeps me on my toes. And sometimes she keeps me up all hours of the night.. like last night. [Still yawning over here.] Also I haven't told you her name.. mostly because I'm protective. Also because I have a tendency to be paranoid. She doesn't know that about me yet. But I'd be willing to bet she will figure it out sooner rather than later. Sorry baby girl! But I will tell you that I got the idea for her name from The Bachelor... And now I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that this is a judgement free zone. :)



The one thing I love as much as my little monkey is her daddy. We met our first day of college and dated until he left to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So after a tearful goodbye we went our separate ways for 2 whole years... longest 2 years of my life. When we saw each other again after all that time was one of the best moments of history in my book.We got engaged five weeks later. Yep, five. If I could change it, I think I'd make it two. Tyson is one of the best men I know.



Right now we live in a little farming town. There's another thing I love... farms. haha Weird right? I didn't grow up with any type of Ag background and I dont know the first thing about farming... or even gardening for that matter.. but I just love the hard-working attitude and the humble people. And I love the smell of farm animals... TMI??

While Tyson finishes his Bachelor's degree I spend my days chasing after our monkey girl, clipping coupons, experimenting in the kitchen, and trying to make our house a home. I'm a sucker for chubby baby cheeks and someday I hope to have a whole house full of them... babies that is. But until then I'll just keep baking.