Monday, February 25, 2013

For my Birthday Girl + Easy Delicious Banana Cake

To my Favorite Birthday Baby,

You are one year old! It seems so hard to believe and yet at the same time I can't remember what it was like not knowing you. You are my little buddy and I am so humbled by the blessing and responsibility it is being your mama.

I remember the night you were born and the first time I really remember holding you. It was the middle of the night and Daddy was sleeping, so it was just you and me. I remember that heaven felt so close. And I just sat there breathing in your sweetness.

You are no longer that little tiny newborn that you were then. You are a big girl! And growing more every day. You love snuggling and bananas and bran muffins more than just about anything... except your aunt Kassi who you love more than anyone on the face of the planet. Yes, even including mom and dad. But that's okay cause we love her too!

There is so much I hope to teach you but if you only learn one thing from me I hope you learn that you are a daughter of God. I hope to teach you through out your life what that means... to be a daughter of God. Because it means a lot...

It means that you are beautiful... because you were created in His image. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It means that you not only have Daddy and me, but you have a Heavenly Father who knows you. He watches over you and he loves you even more than I can tell you. To be a daughter of God means that you are the daughter of a king, with a royal birthright. It means that you will never be alone... because Father in Heaven is only a prayer away. Being a daughter of God means that you are part of a heavenly family. It means that you have a brother...a Savior. His name is Jesus and He loves you so much that he paid the ultimate sacrifice for you because He wants you to be with Him forever. Being a daughter of God means that you have a light within you that only His Gospel can bring. Have confidence Tenlee and know that you are a daughter of God.

Let that little light shine baby girl. xoxox 

I love you sweet girl... to the moon and back!

Love,
Mama

Easy Delicious Banana Cake
Recipe from: yourhomebasedmom

4 ripe bananas
1 boxed white cake mix
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. oil
3 eggs
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder

Directions: Preheat the oven to the temperature stated on the cake mix packaging. Greased desired pans and set aside.

Mix together cake mix, water, oil, eggs, baking soda, and baking powder until well incorrporated. Add the mashed bananas and mix with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer until smooth.

Place the batter in prepared pans and bake for the recommended time according the box. (About 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your pan.) Allow to cool and cover with desired frosting.

Here are some ideas for complimentary frosting: hazelnut buttercream, cream cheese frosting, vanilla buttercream.

>>Linking up here: Sumo's Sweet StuffMaking the World CuterCraftOManiacThe Girl CreativeSew Can DoThe Organizing JunkieSew Chatty, Delicate ConstructionMad in CraftsCreating My Way to SuccessA Southern FairytaleJam HandsMom's Monday MingleKeeping It Simple, This Gal CooksSweet Sharing Monday