Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TBM Sandwich

My husband tells me tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella make for one delicious sandwich. As for me?? I can't stand love 'em! Okay if we are being honest I always hold the tomato on my sandwiches and as far as cheeses go I'm self-admittedly picky. {Okay you caught me! Deep down I can still be one of those dreaded picky eaters --what can I say I have texture issues... don't even get me started on yogurt haha} I made these for dinner for my husband's family and it got rave reviews... as for me? I had leftover spaghetti YUM! For these sandwiches I baked some homemade bread and got out all the fixings out for a little build-your-own action!

TBM Sandwich
Recipe inspired by: cosi

your favorite sandwich bread
fresh mozzarella, sliced
fresh basil
tomato, sliced
pesto
balsamic vinegar

Directions: Melt some butter on a pan and toast your bread until golden brown. Next spread with pesto and add sliced mozzarella, basil, and sliced tomato. Dip in balsamic vinegar and enjoy!