Thursday, July 2, 2015

Cinnamon Pecan Granola

Guys I think breakfast is well on its way to becoming my favorite meal of the day.




I'm not always a fan of nuts, but toss them in oats and cinnamon...


and coat them in coconut oil, honey, and maple syrup...




And I just might reconsider my devotion... or lack there of..



I could eat this granola all the day long. And the best part about this recipe?


I promise it will make your house smell ah-mazing!!


Cinnamon Pecan Granola
Recipe from: Shannon, I Knead to Bake

2 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. spelt flour
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
2 Tbsp. almond flour
1/4 pecan halves, coarsely chopped
1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt, to taste
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
3 Tbsp honey
1/3 pure maple syrup

Directions:
Begin by preheating your oven to 250 degrees F.

In a bowl toss together the rolled oats, flour, chia seeds, ground flax seed, pecans, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.

In a separate bowl combine the melted coconut oil, honey, and pure maple syrup. Add the mixture of wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredient and stir with a rubber spatula.

Spread the mixture out as much as possible onto a large cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 20 minutes to ensure even baking. Once you remove the granola from the oven, do not stir until it has had time to cool, allowing larger granola clusters to form.

Serve with bananas or dried fruit if desired. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!


Shared HERE.