Monday, May 11, 2015

Maui

Last week Ty and I went on a little getaway to Maui. It was our first time leaving the girls and boy was I a mess, but luckily I was the only one...the girls had the time of their lives with their Gigi.


Tyson was dead set on watching the sunrise from the Haleakala Crater, a dormant volcano 10,000 feet above sea level. I was a little more skeptical since that meant waking up at 3am. But I have to say it was amazing--one of my favorite things we did from the entire trip.




After the sunrise we headed to the Kula Lodge for breakfast. It was delicious, but the best part was definitely the view. Once we finished breakfast we headed off to Hana. The road to Hana is a main attraction for a lot of tourists and it made for a very long day in the car, but we also got to see some amazing things. A black sand beach, tons of waterfalls, the seven sacred pools, and a hike through the bamboo forest.





The next morning we headed out on a catamaran for a snorkel trip out to Molokini Crater. I talked Tyson into trying snuba (a hybrid between snorkeling and scuba diving) and we got to see tons of fish, coral and sea turtles. That night we drove over to Paia for dinner at Mama's Fish House and let me tell you, it definitely lived up to its reputation, but my favorite that night was watching the sunset behind the ocean.






The remainder of our trip we spent eating amazing food, exploring, and relaxing on the beach.








Thanks Maui for an amazing week in Paradise.