Monday, March 30, 2015

Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

I love getting up early in the morning when the sun is peaking through the mountains and my girls are still fast asleep. It does this mama good to have some time in the morning to wake up, get out, exercise, and gather my thoughts before the day starts.

Once I get home I am greeted at the door by tousled-hair toddlers in jammies with sleepy eyes ready for a day of books and make-believe followed by tantrums and playing outside in the spring sun.

We start most mornings with a hot breakfast and this recipe makes it onto our table at least once a week. I love these pancakes because they have a certain eggy french toast quality about them -- not to mention they have all sorts of protein (5 grams per pancake!)  Oh and did I mention they are a cinch to make? That, my friends, is what I like to call a win-win-win!

Cinnamon Protein Pancakes
Recipe from: Pinch of Yum
Makes about 12 pancakes

1/2 c. almond milk
1 c. cottage cheese
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions: First heat a griddle over medium high heat. Next place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.

Spray griddle lightly with non-stick spray. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle and cook for a few minutes, until bubbles form on the top. Flip and allow pancake to finish cooking through, another 1-2 minutes. Serve warm with desired toppings. Enjoy!

Shared HERE.