Thursday, November 8, 2012

Whole Wheat Bread

I'm dying a little inside.

Baby girl is mad at me because I want her to take a nap and she is emphatically saying "NO!" by screaming her little lungs out. Its the worst part about being a mom for me. I hate the inner battle between trying to be consistent and just wanting to be a softie and go snuggle until shes happy again. I keep telling myself... just 5 more minutes and then if she still isn't calming down then I'll go get her....

I've done this about 3 times now. And each time I go get a slice of the whole wheat bread I made this morning to try and kill some time. This girl better go to sleep quick or before I know it I will single-handedly eat half of the loaf....  



Whole Wheat Bread
Source: Sheri
Makes: 1 loaf

3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp yeast
2 c. warm water
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 heaping Tbsp wheat gluten
3 1/4 c. whole wheat flour

Directions: In a medium-large bowl combine olive oil, honey, yeast, water, and 2 cups of whole wheat flour. Combine and set aside for about 10-15 minutes. 

Next add salt and wheat gluten to the mixture. Mix until combined. Finally add the remaining 1+1/4 cup flour. Add more if needed. Dough should be sticky. Knead in a stand mixer for about 5 minutes or by hand for 10 minutes. 

Place kneaded dough in a greased bread pan. Allow it to rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.